Thursday, October 28, 2010

China corruption by the number.

I gave a lecture yesterday seminar China on litigation against Chinese companies in which I discussed corporations suing Chinese in China. At a time, while 1ITC cases my company has overseen in China, I noticed that I didn't know of cases was decided based on corruption. I then riffed on how we also have never once been affected "extra" fee for the registration of a company or record IP or save anything else.

I then spoke of how corruption in China is somewhat overrated in what China is generally classified in the highest, mean corruption in the world most indexes, but with respect to foreigners should perhaps even more j. be classified ' I said this because corruption involving foreigners is lower in China is involving Chinese citizens.

Then, I mentioned how in a country where my company is lots of work, we are often asked for the extra money to "accelerate" the our deposits, which really is the code to tell us that if we do pay additional fees, our registration will be there in the corner for a further period of six months.Countries is extremely poorly (almost shockingly) in the classification of it.

Upon reflection, however, this interior-foreign dichotomy is probably true in many other countries, because I know that to be the case in at least some other pays.Après seminar, I went out with a couple of speakers and one of them, a very experienced practitioner of China, has revealed that he too had never been hit for a bribe. ?

Then told us that foreign companies how still be on guard for corruption, but our attention that the time was on its employees. We discussed the examples that we we had seen companies are called to give the coup franc-back transactions of purchase and sale of companies focused on China, which we were aware whose existence depends quite suspicious transactions.

So I am not saying that corruption is not a problem for foreign companies doing business in China, as it obviously. Find out more about this experience "the FCPA and China."I need to get loud you?"But when it comes to deal with the legal formalities of China, I ain can't see.

And apparently I'm not alone in this.

Transparency international just came out with its 2010 corruption perceptions index and China is fairly well in this (new).Denmark, New Zealand Singapore out bound less corrupt - without great surprises il.Le Canada is number 6, Hong Kong 13, Japan 17 United Kingdom 20, Chile 21 and 22.Je United States am perhaps too close to see things in rights, but it seems very difficult to believe that is less corrupt than the US, but what soit.Taiwan 33, 39, in Korea of southern Macau 46, Malaysia 56 is the China and 78, India 87, Indonesia 110, Mongolia Viet Nam 116, 134 Philippines and Cambodia, Russia and Laos to 154.Pour Thailand an interesting article (and scary) about what it may be as straight and practical Russia, click here.

No fussy too, these figures seem very broadly accurate for me.

What do you think? the real surprise here?

This entry transmitted via the service for full-text RSS - if this is your content and you read on someone to another site, please read our FAQ page fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Article five filters features: After Hiroshima - non-rapport Cancer Catastrophe of Fallujah.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment