Friday, December 3, 2010

African Cats Trailer: Are Baby Lions as Cute as Penguins?

Leader image for African Cats Trailer: Are Baby Lions as Cute as Penguins?

I suppose the trailer for Disney’s nature documentary African Cats kind of begs for a lot of smart-ass jokes about cornering the same “people-like-documentaries-about-cute-stuff” market as March of the Penguins and Babies. So much so that making said jokes seems kind of obvious and futile. Uh…plus that shot of the mother cheetah carrying her cub in her mouth is really adorable.

My only actual complaint about this preview is the schmaltzy soft-rock guy crooning “Life is beautiful” over the video footage. I remedied this by playing the trailer with no volume and different iTunes selections of my own choosing, which actually made the trailer fantastic. First I tried “Welcome to the Jungle” and then “Jungleland” by Bruce Springsteen. Then I realized that the Sahara is technically not the jungle at all and gave up after my search for rock songs about the Sahara yielded no results. Suggestions are welcome.

But yes, if you like cute animals doing cute things and fighting for survival (while being cute), Disney’s got your number. Also, I am almost as curious abouts who wins the lion vs. crocodile battle that the trailer hints at as I am about whether a Crocosaurus can beat a Mega Shark.

Verdict: Sold, but I’m bringing an iPod.

If embed gets taken down, head over to Apple

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment